Women on Mission
Ladies, we would love to have you get involved serving with us and bringing new project ideas to this ministry. We are very thankful for the fellowship and opportunity WOM brings as we grow in and share the love of Christ. God is so good and is opening doors for us to use the gifts with which He has blessed us. Come on out and see what He is doing!
Our WOM meets the first Monday of the month at 6:30pm in the Church Fellowship Hall, September through June. We begin our meetings with a devotional and spend time in prayer for missionaries around the world. The Missions Mosaic magazine aids us in praying for missionaries who are having birthdays the day of our meeting.
We have two ongoing church-wide mission projects:
- Collecting non-perishable items for the food pantry the 1st Sunday of each month.
- Collecting items for the Military and sending the care package every 6-12 months.
We will be assisting the Human Life Services in raising funds for their great mission of introducing girls/women to Jesus and giving life to their unborn babies. There will be a display of baby bottles in the foyer. Take one or more and fill them with your loose change and return them to us. This project will run Mother’s Day until Father’s Day.
Project Archive 2013:
- Baked & delivered cookies to Eureka and Winterstown Volunteer Fire Departments as a “Thank You” for all they do in our community.
- Ladies Tea for residents of Westminster Place in Stewartstown.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Women on Mission® is a missions organization for women ages 18 and up through which women pray for and give to missions, do missions, learn about missions, grow spiritually toward a missions lifestyle, and participate in the work of the church.
The purpose of all Women on Mission activities is that every person have the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
The “heart” of Women on Mission is to help women create their own missions vision by enabling them to:
- Recognize their status in Christ (Galatians 4:7, Ephesians 1:3-14)
- Find an entry point to fulfill Christ’s purpose in their lives (Jeremiah 29:11-13, Romans 8:28)
- Reflect the highest ideals of Christian living (Ephesians 4:1, 1 Thessalonians 2:8)
- See their lives as set apart for the gospel (Galatians 1:15-16a, 2 Timothy 1:6-14)
- Affirm God’s call both individually and corporately (1 Peter 2:9)
- Reach beyond themselves to a global vision (Acts 1:8, 2:17)
- Commit to a rewarding missions lifestyle (Colossians 3:12-17, Philemon 6)